We completed our three year Artist in Residence project in November 2016.
The project was funded by the Arts Council and involved three schools – Wensley Fold, St Silas and Sacred Heart.
Each term our Artist (Pat Southern-Pearce) was based in one of the three schools.
During each term:
- Children throughout the host school observed Pat working and asked her questions about her work
- Selected year groups worked with Pat to produce collaborative pieces of work
- Art Stars from each school worked together
- Children attended an after school art club run by Pat alongside a teacher from the host school
There was INSET training for the staff at each host school during each term.
Themes were selected for each term and the work produced was based on Pat’s own work:
- Autumn Term 2013 – Wensley Fold – LAYOUT
- Spring Term 2014 – St Silas – INSPIRATION FROM MUSIC
- Summer Term 2014 – Sacred Heart – GARDENS and FLOWERS
- Autumn Term 2014 – St Silas – NATURE and TREES
- Spring Term 2015 – Sacred Heart – SKETCH BOOKS
- Summer Term 2015 – Wensley Fold – WATERCOLOUR
- Autumn Term 2015 – Sacred Heart – SKETCH BOOKS
- Spring Term 2016 – Wensley Fold – PATTERN MAKING TO MUSIC
- Summer Term 2016 – St Silas – WATERCOLOUR
Exhibitions have been held at the end of each term in the host school.