Message from Mrs Simpson
We are incredibly happy to welcome back all of our children and staff on 8th March 2021 and we hope you have stayed safe and well during these testing times. We look forward to getting back some form of normality and face to face teaching. May we thank you all for your enormous efforts in keeping your children’s learning going at home.
Of course things will continue to look a bit different due to COVID restrictions and social distancing requirements, but rest assured we have worked really hard to ensure that school is as safe as it can be and we, as always, thank you all for your co-operation in all we do and we look forward to your continued support in maintaining our high standards. Please see below a reminder of what you can expect in school for the foreseeable future.
The following are some reminders about slight changes to our school routines;
- Normal school arrival times and slightly staggered end times. KS1 parents enter via main gates/KS2 parents bottom gate. If you have children from both key stages, then please choose.
- Classes will be back to groups of 30 with continued increased hygiene measures and a slight change to how tables are laid out.
- On arrival, children will be allowed straight into class from 8.35am onwards with no lining up in the playground.
- Shared resources will be disinfected between uses.
- Play times will be in children’s own playgrounds, with own classes as normal.
- Children will sit with their own classes at lunchtimes as normal. Tables will be cleaned in between sittings
- Children should be in full uniform or PE kit (on their PE day). There is no requirement to wash uniform more than usual. No PE bags in school.
- Parents are still not allowed in the school entrance or in classrooms and all correspondence should be via the phone or email.
- Parents must not congregate at classroom doors or try to speak to their class teacher at the door.
- Parents must maintain social distancing around school and only one parent should drop off/pick up.
- If for any reason a year group is closed down and asked to isolate, then home learning will take the place of school learning and MUST be completed.
- Music, French, drama and sports teachers will still work in school and observe distancing.
- Reading books will be sent home and sanitised on return before being reused.
- iPads will be needed in school, fully charged and will be sanitised before use.
- Parents will be asked to collect children from school if they have a toileting accident and take them home to be washed and cleaned and then returned.
End of day
- Reception classes will leave at 3pm
- Year 5 will leave slightly earlier at 3.05pm
- Year 3 will leave slightly earlier at 3.05pm
- All other classes will leave at the usual time of 3.10pm.
- R-Y3 parents must use the one-way system and then wait outside classrooms but must not congregate near doors or each other.
- Year 4 parents at the top of the mound at the front of school.
- Year 5 and 6 parents outside the bottom playground (basketball court)
Please remember school MUST be informed of any suspected or positive cases in families and children must be collected immediately from school and taken for a test. The usual guidance around isolating for 10 days must still be adhered to if anyone in the family tests positive.